Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jared's Christmas Gift to Tricia


Now, get this! For my Christmas gift, Jared gave me an I.O.U for, what he called, a "Princess Date". At first, I was kind of bugged that he felt alright about giving me an I.O.U for Christmas, but I quickly changed my mind. Jared asked me to dress up "really nice" in my wedding dress (so I curled my hair and even painted my toenails...that probably hasn't happened since...well, probably since the day I got married). He picked me up, right on time, in a tux! He slipped a corsage onto my wrist and off we went! He surprised me by pulling up to our reception hall. I was really nervous about going in, until I finally realized that the whole thing was probably planned! (I know, I'm slow). In the large room of the reception hall, there were pictures of the two of us all over the place and there was familiar music playing in the background. To make a long story short, he asked me to dance, then he sang to me, and then I cried. How did I get such a romantic guy? He, then had me change into a brown cocktail dress (and even a pair of matching shoes!) and surprised me even further by taking me to Ruth's Chris in Park City. I almost died, the food was so good. Following that, we walked into a Jacuzzi-suit hotel room and stayed for the night! I kept asking him over and over, "There's still more?" To top everything off, he let us watch "Sleepless In Seattle" and "You've Got Mail". Big deal for Jared...two chick flicks in a row?! It was so fun, relaxing, exciting, sweet, wonderful, and happy, all at the same time. Definitely, one of the best Christmas Gifts I've ever received :)

2 comments:

Kozlowski Family said...

Wow! I am jealous that sounds amazing! I love feeling like a princess although it doesn't happen that often! Tell Jared he did not make Nate look so hot J/K

Mary and Ryan Dick family said...

Wow, who knew that Jared was soooo sweet- I could never get Ryan to do anything like that!!! Tell Jar he gets two thumbs up from his cousin, Mary!!!