Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Brodey has 4 stapels in his head...

One of my best friends just moved to Chicago, yesterday! As we hugged each other goodbye, I promised that I would update our family's blog often and consistently :) That's going to be a large commitment for an "only-post-once-every-four-months-person", like myself. But, however, the commitment has been made....so I'm going to give every effort to keep it! And, luckily, as of recent, I have a pretty good story to kick off my new commitment!

Sundays have become Brodey's favorite day of the week because on Sunday, his dad isn't at work or doing homework, and therefore spends oodles of one-on-one time with Brodey; Brodey soaks up every minute! Yet, on this particular Sunday, as my husband and son were wrestling (with their usual intensity), Brodey jumped onto Jared's stomach and fell backwards, leading with his head, right into the corner of the return vent adjacent to the baseboard. OUCH! Brodey began to whimper, and Jared quickly picked him up, giving him a few "toughen-it-up-pats" to help Brodey brush it off like a man, but suddenly the blood came gushing, and Brodey's orange shirt had now turned red. Jared yelled for a gauze...and that's when I came running to the scene (with great distress in my voice and half of my chest exposed having leaped to the first aid kit right in the middle of nursing Hazel). About 3 hours later, after a quick trip to the instacare, the wide gash, atop a plump goose-egg on the back of Brodey's head was numb with litocane, and fastened back together with 4 staples. Brodey did a great job at the doctor's office, though. I was very proud of him for being so strong and brave! He even said thank you to the staff, on our way out the door...ha ha! I've posted the evidence below...


2 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

SOOOO GLAD YOU POSTED! Although, I am very sad that that is the reason you posted. So sorry about Brodey but so proud of him for being brave....and polite! Love ya! Keep postin' away :)

Kelli Haub said...

oh my heavens... I'm not looking forward to our first set of staples. (do you like how I'm anticipating this to be an upcoming frequent incident for us?)