Thursday, January 28, 2010

Take A Tour...

Since receiving many requests, I reluctantly decided to post some pictures of our new home. I wouldn't be so "reluctant" about it if our temporary sheet-blinds weren't still hanging in the windows, and the rest of my pictures weren't still waiting to be hung on the wall, and etc, etc, etc. But, since I have lately been trying to remember that life is about the journey, I've decided to be more compliant. This is just a captured memory of where we are in life, thus far...and frankly, I've decided to be happy about it. But, just so you know, if I had a lot more money, my house would look exactly like an advertisement from Pottery Barn :) Having given my disclaimer, are you ready to take a tour? Here we go...

This is what you would find upon pulling up to our house. Favorite Things: the fact that it's ours, the huge maple tree, the porch, Jared's shorter commute, and the big side yard. I'm hoping that when spring comes we'll be able to finish the fence line, and put a swing in the tree. Fun little 1960's starter home, eh?

Next, is the living room and our beautiful media center...with no media on it :) that's ironic. Favorite Things: the open layout, the brand new paint and carpet, the big window, the recently installed recessed lighting, and enough wall space for my piano.


The kitchen is next! Favorite Things: I love the new tile! (You should have seem the blue linoleum that proceeded it). I also want to jump for joy over the dishwasher and disposal! Yahoo!!! A few other favorites include, the "nook" for our desk, the separate dining room, the "openness" of the layout, the vast amount of storage and counter space, and the sliding door that leads to the back yard. Oh...and the fact that I no longer have a washer and dryer next to my kitchen sink...glorious! After baby Hazel comes, I'll be anxious to finish the baseboards, re-stain the kitchen cabinets, buy a new dining table/chairs, and replace the stylish 1980's light fixtures. As my father would say, "All in due time, my dear!"





Ready for the bathroom? Favorite Things: the easy-to-clean-counter, the adjustable shower head, and newly installed soft-water system which makes cleaning the bathroom feel like heaven.

Here's the master "suite". Favorite Thing: I didn't have to squeeze our desk into it...it's just the bed, the dresser, and the night stand. It feels good to go to sleep at night knowing that the claustrophobic clutter isn't going to fall-in for an attack (I just sighed with relief). Next on the list for this room, is a bed frame and new bed spread. The lovely bed spread currently on display has been mine since my sophomore year of High School. Anybody have a match? Jared would never know.

Next is the Nursery. Favorite Things: the fact that each kid has their own closet, and that Grandma Tiffany is making matching bed spreads for both Hazel and Brodey. I've seen the fabric...they are going to be darling! Thanks mom :) I'll have to post another picture of this room after I have made all the "final touches".


At the far end of the house, you'll find the laundry room. Yes, there is a separate room for my laundry. Whoever designed such a thing, should get a big gold star. Favorite Things: I almost cried when I realized I could shut the laundry room door and the dryer noises would go away during dinner time. I also love all the shelves and cabinet space...it almost felt weird to have so much room to organize with. Someday, this laundry room will also serve as my glorified craft room. Jared is going to build a counter-top for me...I'm sure he can hardly wait :)


Last, but definitely not least, is the garage. Favorite things: it stores all the clutter that I don't want in my house, the scraping-the-snow-off-the-car-days are now over, it provides for easy grocery unloading, and my car is warm when I get into it. Somebody pinch me.

Well, there you have it; a full tour without even having to drive all the way to Salt Lake to see it. You are welcome :)

7 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

Tricia! This is such an adorable house and I am SO impressed with all the work you put into it! It looks amazing and I am secretly jealous (along with being excited for you!). I can't wait to have all of those things too! Congratulations! Love ya :)

Nate & Amber Kozlowski said...

Oh Tish that is so fun! you did a great job! you are a million steps ahead of us:) enjoy!

Nate & Amber Kozlowski said...

I meant trish hahaha!

Unknown said...

Tricia- Your house is absolutely darling. I love the paint you picked. You were right when you told me it is the perfect color. I'm so happy for you!

Rasmussen Family said...

You're house is really cute. I'm very excited for you guys. I bet it's nice having a place to call your own! Thanks for sharing.

The Long Family said...

It is so great! Congratulations you guys!!! So glad to hear you are doing so well! WE sure miss you! I don't know if we'll be out this summer because we have BIG plans - A NEW BABY!! I know this is a silly way to spill the beans but I just wanted to tell you and I am not ready to post it on the old blog yet! Love you guys!

Kelli Haub said...

Can I say Night and Day difference! Trish... your house looks AMAZING! I can't believe what you've done with the place. I'm so excited for your cute little family to have somewhere to call home that is all your very own. So fun!